Joint Genomic Analytics Platform from Advantech, GARAOTUS and WASAI
Exhibitor: GARAOTUS (SYSTEX GROUP)
Booth No.: N/A
Joint Genomic Analytics Platform from Advantech, GARAOTUS and WASAI Delivers Significant Workflow and Execution Pipeline Improvements.
The solution combines Advantech SKY-8232D servers powered by 3rd generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors with WASAI acceleration on Intel FPGA cards to significantly cut genomics workload processing time while improving TCO. MedGenome Inc., a global leader in personalized medicine, is utilizing the joint solution for rare disease and Parkinson’s disease research in India.
Advances in the use of genomics to better understand rare diseases have come as increasingly powerful compute technology has allowed researchers to work with larger pieces of the human genome to the point now where massive genomic file data sets, totaling over 300 GB, are required now that all 3 billion DNA base pairs have been sequenced and mapped. These large data sets can require more than 40 hours to process even using the most advanced computing resources with requirements growing exponentially to meet new applications and increased demand.
The IT departments supporting these researchers and doctors need every possible advance in performance from both hardware and software. Reducing total cost of ownership (TCO) for such solutions is an important goal to sequence the genome and make genomics a part of a wider range of treatment plans - scaling to the delivery of personalized medicine.
To help enable this, Advantech has partnered with industry leaders GARAOTUS and WASAI to develop a new genomic analytics platform based on its SKY-8232D, SKY-9232D and SKY-5240 Intel Select Solutions for Genomics Analytics v2 verified servers. The solution combines 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors and field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) cards from Intel and leverages WASAI acceleration for genomic secondary analysis, which targets the BWA-MEM and GATK HaplotypeCaller algorithms. With this novel approach, an Intel FPGA card can process billions of DNA base pairs in parallel providing cost efficient, accurate and fast genome processing to address the challenges of secondary analysis for genome sequencing.
More Exhibitor's Press Release
- Home Visual Acuity tester- Don't let pseudomyopia become real myopia EYEMIKAN BIOTECH INC. / 2022-09-21
- Third-party Study Report: Investigation of Shear Stress Exerted on Proteins by Different Pump System LEVITRONIX GMBH TAIWAN BRANCH / 2022-08-01
- Third-party Study Report: Investigation of Shear Stress Exerted on CHO Cell by Different Pump System LEVITRONIX GMBH TAIWAN BRANCH / 2022-08-01
- Third-party Study Report: Pump Particle Shedding Evaluation LEVITRONIX GMBH TAIWAN BRANCH / 2022-08-01
- Bio Asia-Taiwan 2022 Opening! Vitae Biomedical showcases the new outstanding achievements. VITAE BIOMEDICAL CO. LTD. / 2022-07-30
- FDA Grants the Pre-EUA Meeting Request by GoldenBiotech’s Applied Antroquinonol to Treat COVID GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2022-07-30
- Antroquinonol, Committed to Innovative & Breakthrough Therapy to Improve Quality of Life GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2022-07-30
- Italy participates for the third time in BIO ASIA with 7 companies ITALIAN ECONOMIC, TRADE AND CULTURAL PROMOTION OFFICE IN TAIPEI TRADE SECTION / 2022-07-29
- AcadeMab makes its mark at 2022 BIO USA ACADEMAB BIOMEDICAL INC. / 2022-07-28
- Taiwan's AcadeMab develops groundbreaking therapy for COVID-19 Omicron variant with potent neutraliz ACADEMAB BIOMEDICAL INC. / 2022-07-28
- CAMCEVI 42 mg Injection Emulsion Launched in the U.S. for the Treatment of Advanced Prostate Cancer FORESEE PHARMACEUTICALS CO., LTD. / 2022-07-27
- Foresee Announces European MAA Approval of CAMCEVI for the the Treatment of Advanced Prostate Cancer FORESEE PHARMACEUTICALS CO., LTD. / 2022-07-27
- TaiMed is your reliable biologics CDMO partner TAIMED BIOLOGICS INC. / 2022-07-27
- US FDA NDIN approval for Deglusterol, a new dietary ingredient for blood sugar control CAREGEN CO., LTD. / 2022-07-27
- 2022BioAsiaTaiwan-Golden Biotech Seminar Registration_Innovative Breakthrough_COVID-19 to Oncology GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2022-07-27
- Amaran Biotech Introduces the First Fully-Automated Robotic Aseptic Filling Line in Taiwan AMARAN BIOTECHNOLOGY, INC. / 2022-07-25
- "Montefarmaco’s portfolio covers the main segments of the self-medication market" MONTEFARMACO OTC SPA / 2022-07-22
- TMU BioMed Accelerator | 2022 Batch Demo Day (Register Now) TAIPEI MEDICAL UNIVERSITY / 2022-07-22
- BUCHI wins Swiss Export Award 2022 BUCHI TAIWAN CO., LTD. / 2022-07-21
- Automation and innovative design of BUCHI’s new Spray Dryer markedly improve spray drying performanc BUCHI TAIWAN CO., LTD. / 2022-07-21