BIO Asia–Taiwan 2021 to Go Ahead in ‘All Online’ Format
Exhibitor: TAIWAN BIO INDUSTRY ORGANIZATION
Booth No.: R114
BIO Asia–Taiwan 2021 to Go Ahead in ‘All Online’ Format
Global experts to discuss strategies for pandemic control and prevention
21 June, 2021
BIO Asia–Taiwan 2021 will be held as scheduled from July 21-25 in an all-online format, with the activities including the Conference, Exhibition, Partnering, Company Presentations, and more. The on-site exhibition will be postponed until November 4-7, 2021 in response to current restrictions on in-person gatherings due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Johnsee Lee, Chairman of the Organizing Committee of BIO Asia–Taiwan 2021 reflected “The biomedical industry has played in essential role in combating the pandemic, and in times of need the entire industry and its stakeholders must step up and work together,” adding that, the gathering will enable the biomedical community from around the world to network without boundaries through online forums, interactive exhibitions, and partnering, a wide range of communication tools will be available to seamlessly connect participants and drive meetings and deals.
Lee also pointed out that with BIO Asia–Taiwan now in its third year, international participation and cooperation will be further cemented. “Already participants from 17 countries and regions, including US, UK, Canada, Brazil, France, Germany, Switzerland, Finland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Australia, China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, the Philippines, Hong Kong have signed up,” said Lee. In addition, more than five hundred manufacturers from Asia and around the world will participate in the online Exhibition and Company Presentation program, including companies from Europe, the US, and Australia.
To expand and encourage exposure and participation by both participants and media, this year the Exhibition has now been extended an extra four days, now opening on July 19 and closing on July 28. Additionally, the Company Presentation program and BIO’s One-on-one Partnering™ platform open in advance, to allow sufficient time to research and evaluate the hundreds of companies and opportunities on display. Note that One-on-one Partnering will be open 24 hours a day during this time, enabling participants from different countries and across different time zones to engage more easily.
Under this year’s conference theme of ‘A Brave New Era for Biotechnology,’ a stellar lineup of more than one hundred speakers has been invited including Nobel laureates and other high-level award winners, leaders from some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, and notable investors and financial experts. Topics covered will include breakthrough technologies and the latest medical innovations, cutting-edge pandemic control measures and strategies for the post-pandemic world, digital health, the latest gene and cell therapies, and bio-industry cooperation and investment best practices.
Highlighting the speaker lineup is MIT’s Robert Langer; known as the ‘Edison of Medicine’, inventor and entrepreneur, founder of vaccine company Moderna and more than forty other biotech companies. Langer’s presentation will be on technology commercialization and innovation. We are pleased to announce that 2020 Nobel Laureate Michael Houghton will join us in sharing insight on virus discovery and treatment. And Graham Lewis, Vice President of IQVIA, the world’s largest medical information provider; and PwC’s Claire Love will share their insight on biomedical market and investment considerations.
Under the topic Combatting the Pandemic, we have invited Chunhuei Chi, director of the Center for Global Health at Oregon State University for a deep dive into global pandemic prevention; Asher Yeshaihu Salmon, Head of the Department of International Relations at the Israeli Ministry of Health, to showcase Israel's pandemic prevention and vaccine delivery successes; and Dr. Li Bingying of National Taiwan University to summarize the current status of pandemic control and prevention in Taiwan.
The conference will also be hosting members of the Asian Federation of Biotechnology and will welcome representatives from Korea, Malaysia, Japan, India, and Taiwan as they present and discuss bio-industry related topics pertinent to their countries.
Herbert Wu, Chairman of the Taiwan Bio Industry Organization (Taiwan BIO), commented that the promotion of international exchange and cooperation within the biotech industry was one of the main missions of the Taiwan BIO. “During the epidemic, we have continued to collaborate with stakeholders to help upgrade the domestic biotech industry to international standards. BIO Asia–Taiwan 2021 will maintain this momentum and we expect the industry to not only ride out the pandemic but emerge stronger, benefiting from a wave of international cooperation and fundraising opportunities resulting from the gathering,” he said.
Registration for the Conference is currently open, with pre-registration discount ending on July 18th.
More Exhibitor's Press Release
- Foresee Pharmaceuticals announces interim results for FP-025 phase 2a trial in allergic asthma FORESEE PHARMACEUTICALS CO., LTD. / 2021-11-05
- GoldenBiotech Oral COVID-19 Drug Antroquinonol Agreed by FDA to Extend Recruiting Severe Patients GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2021-11-04
- GoldenBiotech and Sanova Pharma Signs MOU for Cooperation of Antroquinonol in 23 European Countries GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2021-11-04
- Carbon-14 Metabolism Technology and Analysis Platform INSTITUTE OF NUCLEAR ENERGY RESEARCH, ATOMIC ENERGY COUNCIL, EXECUTIVE YUAN / 2021-11-04
- Is your PCR instruments with great precision? STARMOONTECH CO., LTD. / 2021-10-31
- I can hold everything ! STARMOONTECH CO., LTD. / 2021-10-31
- CerbACT Asia Holds Ribbon Cutting to Celebrate New Immuno-oncology Centre of Excellence CERBACT ASIA / 2021-10-29
- National Tsing ua University Product &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; Technology Presentation in 2021 Bio Asia NTHU LS BIO-APP INDUSTRY-ACADEMIA ALLIANCE / 2021-10-29
- INORA Brand Strategy to Drive Revenue Growth INORA PHARMACEUTICAL MACHINERY CO., LTD. / 2021-10-20
- 元健大和，犧牲三成營收的數位競爭思維 雲端給它機會搞破壞！助聽器小蝦米崛起戰記 DIGIBIONIC LIFESTYLE CO., LTD. / 2021-10-18
- 元健助聽器榮獲經濟部擴大投資 再啟數位雲端助聽器新局 DIGIBIONIC LIFESTYLE CO., LTD. / 2021-10-18
- Formosa Pharmaceuticals announce registration on Emerging Stock Board of the Taipei Stock Exchange FORMOSA PHARMACEUTICALS , INC / 2021-10-12
- GrowTrend : Breathing care at home service GROWTREND BIOMEDICAL CO., LTD. / 2021-09-27
- award of FSS for the Intellisense Drill MCGINLEY ORTHOPEDICS / 2021-09-24
- McGinley Orthopedics Changing the Standard of Care MCGINLEY ORTHOPEDICS / 2021-09-24
- Intelligent gas sensing chip (I+NOSE) with ultra-low power consumption TAIWAN INTELLIGENT POLLUTANTS SENSING (TIPS) / 2021-09-17
- The high accuracy cancer screening service that focus on the early stage JUN ZHI BIOMEDICAL CO., LTD / 2021-09-17
- Lab scale cultivation equipment (Polycel series) MICRO-GIANT BIOENGINEERING CO.,LTD. / 2021-09-17
- Liebherr appliances ensure safe storage of vaccine DOUBLE EAGLE ENTERPRISE CO., LTD. / 2021-09-16
- Congratulations to Ducolege ‘s Award of 2021 Taiwan Top 10 - Cosmetic Products! DUCOLEGE BIOTECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. / 2021-09-15