BIO Asia–Taiwan 2021 to Go Ahead in ‘All Online’ Format
Exhibitor: TAIWAN BIO INDUSTRY ORGANIZATION
Booth No.: R114
BIO Asia–Taiwan 2021 to Go Ahead in ‘All Online’ Format
Global experts to discuss strategies for pandemic control and prevention
21 June, 2021
BIO Asia–Taiwan 2021 will be held as scheduled from July 21-25 in an all-online format, with the activities including the Conference, Exhibition, Partnering, Company Presentations, and more. The on-site exhibition will be postponed until November 4-7, 2021 in response to current restrictions on in-person gatherings due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Johnsee Lee, Chairman of the Organizing Committee of BIO Asia–Taiwan 2021 reflected “The biomedical industry has played in essential role in combating the pandemic, and in times of need the entire industry and its stakeholders must step up and work together,” adding that, the gathering will enable the biomedical community from around the world to network without boundaries through online forums, interactive exhibitions, and partnering, a wide range of communication tools will be available to seamlessly connect participants and drive meetings and deals.
Lee also pointed out that with BIO Asia–Taiwan now in its third year, international participation and cooperation will be further cemented. “Already participants from 17 countries and regions, including US, UK, Canada, Brazil, France, Germany, Switzerland, Finland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Australia, China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, the Philippines, Hong Kong have signed up,” said Lee. In addition, more than five hundred manufacturers from Asia and around the world will participate in the online Exhibition and Company Presentation program, including companies from Europe, the US, and Australia.
To expand and encourage exposure and participation by both participants and media, this year the Exhibition has now been extended an extra four days, now opening on July 19 and closing on July 28. Additionally, the Company Presentation program and BIO’s One-on-one Partnering™ platform open in advance, to allow sufficient time to research and evaluate the hundreds of companies and opportunities on display. Note that One-on-one Partnering will be open 24 hours a day during this time, enabling participants from different countries and across different time zones to engage more easily.
Under this year’s conference theme of ‘A Brave New Era for Biotechnology,’ a stellar lineup of more than one hundred speakers has been invited including Nobel laureates and other high-level award winners, leaders from some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, and notable investors and financial experts. Topics covered will include breakthrough technologies and the latest medical innovations, cutting-edge pandemic control measures and strategies for the post-pandemic world, digital health, the latest gene and cell therapies, and bio-industry cooperation and investment best practices.
Highlighting the speaker lineup is MIT’s Robert Langer; known as the ‘Edison of Medicine’, inventor and entrepreneur, founder of vaccine company Moderna and more than forty other biotech companies. Langer’s presentation will be on technology commercialization and innovation. We are pleased to announce that 2020 Nobel Laureate Michael Houghton will join us in sharing insight on virus discovery and treatment. And Graham Lewis, Vice President of IQVIA, the world’s largest medical information provider; and PwC’s Claire Love will share their insight on biomedical market and investment considerations.
Under the topic Combatting the Pandemic, we have invited Chunhuei Chi, director of the Center for Global Health at Oregon State University for a deep dive into global pandemic prevention; Asher Yeshaihu Salmon, Head of the Department of International Relations at the Israeli Ministry of Health, to showcase Israel's pandemic prevention and vaccine delivery successes; and Dr. Li Bingying of National Taiwan University to summarize the current status of pandemic control and prevention in Taiwan.
The conference will also be hosting members of the Asian Federation of Biotechnology and will welcome representatives from Korea, Malaysia, Japan, India, and Taiwan as they present and discuss bio-industry related topics pertinent to their countries.
Herbert Wu, Chairman of the Taiwan Bio Industry Organization (Taiwan BIO), commented that the promotion of international exchange and cooperation within the biotech industry was one of the main missions of the Taiwan BIO. “During the epidemic, we have continued to collaborate with stakeholders to help upgrade the domestic biotech industry to international standards. BIO Asia–Taiwan 2021 will maintain this momentum and we expect the industry to not only ride out the pandemic but emerge stronger, benefiting from a wave of international cooperation and fundraising opportunities resulting from the gathering,” he said.
Registration for the Conference is currently open, with pre-registration discount ending on July 18th.
More Exhibitor's Press Release
- GoldenBiotech HOCENA Granted Compassionate Use for Treatment of Covid-19 Patients GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2021-07-27
- Covid-19:GoldenBiotech to address at Bio Asia Conference for New Drug GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2021-07-27
- Psychobiotic PS128 consumption shows benefits to Parkinson's symptoms in new clinical study BENED BIOMEDICAL CO., LTD. / 2021-07-23
- Cytiva and Longitude reveal five major challenges for the industry in new Global Biopharma CYTIVA / 2021-07-22
- FDA Approval received of CAMCEVI(R); For the Treatment of Advanced Prostate Cancer FORESEE PHARMACEUTICALS CO., LTD. / 2021-07-22
- 2021傑出生技產業獎11家得主出爐 生達、明達抱金質獎 GLOBAL BIO & INVESTMENT MONTHLY / 2021-07-21
- 全球2020生技投資攀高峰! 台灣生技607億台幣創新高 GLOBAL BIO & INVESTMENT MONTHLY / 2021-07-21
- 試管嬰兒補助放寬 奎克生技進軍生殖醫學 亞洲生技線上展 基因檢測受矚目 QUARK BIOSCIENCES TAIWAN, INC. / 2021-07-21
- [AstraZeneca] 生醫界年度盛事「2020國際生醫智能加速器計畫」決選出爐數位醫療、生醫研發同台角逐最終8強脫穎而出將躍國際舞台 BRITISH OFFICE TAIPEI / 2021-07-21
- [AstraZeneca] 攜手Slush 舉辦「醫療照護大未來」線上新創活動 BRITISH OFFICE TAIPEI / 2021-07-21
- [AstraZeneca] 多元包容開啟創新動能 臺灣阿斯特捷利康榮獲2021亞太區傑出雇主 BRITISH OFFICE TAIPEI / 2021-07-21
- [AstraZeneca] 2020聯合國世界糖尿病日 向糖尿病第一線護理人員致敬 醫護齊籲「控糖護健康 e起衛心腎」 BRITISH OFFICE TAIPEI / 2021-07-21
- [AstraZeneca] 健康肺氣喘卓越計劃」第一階段成果發表 全國400家診所加入計劃 嘉惠34,000名氣喘病患 BRITISH OFFICE TAIPEI / 2021-07-21
- A New Era of Interdisciplinary Efforts in New Agriculture: Grand Opening of AgriTech Pavilion COUNCIL OF AGRICULTURE, EXECUTIVE YUAN / 2021-07-20
- 【Review of COVID-19】 MITEK LAB CO., LTD. / 2021-07-20
- The demand for quick screening reagents has greatly increased, IVD materials are supplied ! MITEK LAB CO., LTD. / 2021-07-20
- In 2021, the legal norms of cell therapy in Taiwan gradually opened up MITEK LAB CO., LTD. / 2021-07-20
- A case for additive manufacturing ADDITIVE DESIGN IN SURGICAL SOLUTIONS (ADEISS) INC. / 2021-07-20
- Veterinarians 3D-Printed Part of a Skull for a Dog With Cancer ADDITIVE DESIGN IN SURGICAL SOLUTIONS (ADEISS) INC. / 2021-07-20
- London researchers revamping jawbone surgery with 3D printing technology ADDITIVE DESIGN IN SURGICAL SOLUTIONS (ADEISS) INC. / 2021-07-20