FDA Approves GoldenBiotech IND of Antroquinonol for Relapsed AML
Exhibitor: GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP.
Booth No.: R309
FDA Approves GoldenBiotech's IND Application of Antroquinonol for Phase II Trial on Relapsed Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
Golden Biotechnology Corp. (GBC, GoldenBiotech, TPEX 4132), a leading Taiwanese bio-pharmaceutical company announces that Antroquinonol (HOCENA®), a new small molecule drug developed by Golden Biotech, has been officially notified by the US FDA for the approval of its IND application for Phase II clinical trial to treat relapsed acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in the USA.
On May 27, 2022, Golden Biotechnology Corp. received a letter of approval via CRO from the US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) with IND NO: 157917.
This small molecule new drug is independently developed by Golden Biotechnology Corp. with owned 100% patent rights. Since Antroquinonol (HOCENA®) has been granted by the US FDA for orphan drug designation (ODD) in the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in 2015, if significant efficacy is achieved after the trial, GBC will apply for its marketing authorization.
The prognosis of relapsed acute myeloid leukemia (R/R AML) remains poor and the management is challenging. Despite the increasing availability of targeted agents, the lower responses still represent a major obstacle to overcome. Antroquinonol is an isoprenyltransferase inhibitor with antitumor activity in vitro and xenograft models of AML.
GoldenBiotech presented outstanding results of potential treatment for relapsed AML in ASCO 2021 for its Phase 2 trial (GHAML-2-001) in Russia which completed in 2020. GHAML-2-001 is a phase IIa, open-label study in adult patients with relapsed acute myeloid leukemia or at initial diagnosis when no intensive treatment is possible. Antroquinonol 200 mg BID was administered in a 28-day cycle (up to six cycles).
At the end of the treatment, the rate of remission (CR/CRi) after 6-completed cycles was 50% and the 24-week survival rate was 100%. Transfusion independence was achieved (80%) in patients at the end of the 6th cycle treatment. In high-risk relapsed AML patients, orally administered Antroquinonol induced CRs and was well tolerated.
The significant results suggest the potential of Antroquinonol for the unmet needs of effective therapy in relapsed AML patients.
More Exhibitor's Press Release
- Guard Patch-AIOT wearable system and platform COMMUNICATION AND BIOLOGIC INTEGRATED CIRCUITS (CBIC) LAB, NCKU / 2022-06-25
- AIOT for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease COMMUNICATION AND BIOLOGIC INTEGRATED CIRCUITS (CBIC) LAB, NCKU / 2022-06-25
- Guard Patch-Your Health Technology Co., Ltd. COMMUNICATION AND BIOLOGIC INTEGRATED CIRCUITS (CBIC) LAB, NCKU / 2022-06-25
- GoldenBiotech Announces Topline Results from Unblinded COVID-19 Trial for Oral New Drug Antroquinono GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2022-06-23
- Third-party Study Report: Pump Particle Shedding Evaluation LEVITRONIX GMBH TAIWAN BRANCH / 2022-06-23
- Third-party Study Report: Investigation of Shear Stress Exerted on CHO Cell by Different Pump System LEVITRONIX GMBH TAIWAN BRANCH / 2022-06-23
- Third-party Study Report: Investigation of Shear Stress Exerted on Proteins by Different Pump System LEVITRONIX GMBH TAIWAN BRANCH / 2022-06-23
- Twist Signs Antibody Discovery Collaboration with MediSix Therapeutics to Develop T-cell Therapies TWIST BIOSCIENCE / 2022-06-22
- Twist Launches Rapid Turnaround Panels to Advance R&D in MRD Detection in Cancer Screening TWIST BIOSCIENCE / 2022-06-22
- Twist Bioscience Launches High Throughput Antibody Production Platform TWIST BIOSCIENCE / 2022-06-22
- Envirotainer introduces the RAP for the future – part of the Releye® series ENVIROTAINER AB / 2022-06-22
- Lo.Li. Pharma Awards 2022 LO.LI. PHARMA INTERNATIONAL SRL / 2022-06-21
- Lo.Li. Pharma Case History: "The world-famous supplements Made in Italy" LO.LI. PHARMA INTERNATIONAL SRL / 2022-06-21
- 20 Years of Lo.Li. Pharma Group LO.LI. PHARMA INTERNATIONAL SRL / 2022-06-20
- GoldenBiotech is Partnering at BIO-2022, San Diego GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2022-06-20
- ACRO Biomedical launches the new product iMist Collagen Mist Spray in BIO Asia-Taiwan 2022 ACRO BIOMEDICAL CO., LTD. / 2022-06-15
- TAV VACUUM FURNACES company presentation TAV VACUUM FURNACES SPA / 2022-06-14
- Tanvex BioPharma and TaiMed Biologics form a business alliance to offer efficient CDMO services TAIMED BIOLOGICS INC. / 2022-06-14
- Exosomes and Microvesicles: Concentration, sizing and phenotyping using NTA MALVERN PANALYTICAL / 2022-06-14
- TAIMED JOINS THE 2022 BIO INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION IN SAN DIEGO AND 2022 BIO ASIA TAIWAN IN TAIPEI TAIMED BIOLOGICS INC. / 2022-06-14