Twist Launches Rapid Turnaround Panels to Advance R&D in MRD Detection in Cancer Screening
Exhibitor: TWIST BIOSCIENCE
Booth No.: R910
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.-- Twist Bioscience Corporation (NASDAQ: TWST), a company enabling customers to succeed through its offering of high-quality synthetic DNA using its silicon platform, today announced the launch of the Twist MRD Rapid 500 Panel1, a custom solution that can be added to a standard next generation sequencing (NGS) workflow, offering fully customizable and highly cost effective panels to detect minimal residual disease (MRD) in as few as five days.
Twist’s customers develop MRD tests that can be used in a variety of ways for patients with cancer. MRD testing is a non-invasive method for tracking and predicting cancer progression over time, using simple blood draws to track low levels of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) in the blood. MRD testing can be used during cancer treatment to determine if there are tumor cells remaining and to assess whether a treatment plan needs to be adjusted. This testing can also be used after a patient achieves remission to monitor for recurrence of cancer cells.
“When it comes to monitoring minimal residual disease, which can inform treatment options for patients with cancer, there is no time to waste. With the Twist MRD Rapid 500 Panel, we are able to rapidly create custom panels for our research customers, including panels specific to each sample’s unique genetic variance of cancer in as few as five days,” said Emily M. Leproust, Ph.D., CEO and co-founder of Twist Bioscience. “MRD is becoming the gold standard for monitoring cancer and informing personalized treatments for patients. Through this panel, we facilitate the research and development of our customers in developing new MRD solutions that clinicians can use to benefit their patients.”
The Twist MRD Rapid 500 Panel can be incorporated into a standard NGS workflow and applies hybrid capture technology to sequence specific regions that may provide customized disease insights to researchers. This technology provides broader coverage than PCR or amplicon sequencing methods, potentially improving sequencing sensitivity and expands utility.
To develop the custom panels, Twist receives targets of interest that have been identified by the customer through sequencing specific tumor cells. Twist then designs the probe sequence in a single day, manufactures and ships the panel in five business days, drastically reducing the waiting period typical of custom products and enabling quick response times. The Twist MRD Rapid 500 Panel leverages Twist’s existing protocols for target enrichment, allowing it to be performed simultaneously with established Twist whole exome NGS workflows.
About Twist MRD Rapid 500 Panel
The Twist MRD Rapid 500 Panel is the latest product in Twist’s expanding portfolio of research use only sequencing products dedicated to improving the performance and accessibility of research tools for advancing R&D in oncology solutions. Paired with Twist’s cfDNA pan cancer reference standards, UMI adapter system, and leading Exome 2.0 product line, the Twist MRD Rapid 500 Panels bridge the gap between costly comprehensive sample screening and small fixed content tests.
About Twist Bioscience Corporation
Twist Bioscience is a leading and rapidly growing synthetic biology and genomics company that has developed a disruptive DNA synthesis platform to industrialize the engineering of biology. The core of the platform is a proprietary technology that pioneers a new method of manufacturing synthetic DNA by “writing” DNA on a silicon chip. Twist is leveraging its unique technology to manufacture a broad range of synthetic DNA-based products, including synthetic genes, tools for next-generation sequencing (NGS) preparation, and antibody libraries for drug discovery and development. Twist is also pursuing longer-term opportunities in digital data storage in DNA and biologics drug discovery. Twist makes products for use across many industries including healthcare, industrial chemicals, agriculture and academic research.
Twist Legal Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained herein are forward-looking statements reflecting the current beliefs and expectations of management made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other important factors that may cause Twist Bioscience’s actual results, performance, or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. For a description of the risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from those expressed in these forward-looking statements, as well as risks relating to Twist Bioscience’s business in general, see Twist Bioscience’s risk factors set forth in Twist Bioscience’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 6, 2022 and subsequent filings with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements contained in this press release speak only as of the date hereof, and Twist Bioscience specifically disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
More Exhibitor's Press Release
- Third-party Study Report: Investigation of Shear Stress Exerted on Proteins by Different Pump System LEVITRONIX GMBH TAIWAN BRANCH / 2022-08-01
- Third-party Study Report: Investigation of Shear Stress Exerted on CHO Cell by Different Pump System LEVITRONIX GMBH TAIWAN BRANCH / 2022-08-01
- Third-party Study Report: Pump Particle Shedding Evaluation LEVITRONIX GMBH TAIWAN BRANCH / 2022-08-01
- Bio Asia-Taiwan 2022 Opening! Vitae Biomedical showcases the new outstanding achievements. VITAE BIOMEDICAL CO. LTD. / 2022-07-30
- Joint Genomic Analytics Platform from Advantech, GARAOTUS and WASAI GARAOTUS (SYSTEX GROUP) / 2022-07-30
- FDA Grants the Pre-EUA Meeting Request by GoldenBiotech’s Applied Antroquinonol to Treat COVID GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2022-07-30
- Antroquinonol, Committed to Innovative & Breakthrough Therapy to Improve Quality of Life GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2022-07-30
- Italy participates for the third time in BIO ASIA with 7 companies ITALIAN ECONOMIC, TRADE AND CULTURAL PROMOTION OFFICE IN TAIPEI TRADE SECTION / 2022-07-29
- AcadeMab makes its mark at 2022 BIO USA ACADEMAB BIOMEDICAL INC. / 2022-07-28
- Taiwan's AcadeMab develops groundbreaking therapy for COVID-19 Omicron variant with potent neutraliz ACADEMAB BIOMEDICAL INC. / 2022-07-28
- Home Visual Acuity tester- Don't let pseudomyopia become real myopia EYEMIKAN BIOTECH INC. / 2022-07-28
- CAMCEVI 42 mg Injection Emulsion Launched in the U.S. for the Treatment of Advanced Prostate Cancer FORESEE PHARMACEUTICALS CO., LTD. / 2022-07-27
- Foresee Announces European MAA Approval of CAMCEVI for the the Treatment of Advanced Prostate Cancer FORESEE PHARMACEUTICALS CO., LTD. / 2022-07-27
- TaiMed is your reliable biologics CDMO partner TAIMED BIOLOGICS INC. / 2022-07-27
- US FDA NDIN approval for Deglusterol, a new dietary ingredient for blood sugar control CAREGEN CO., LTD. / 2022-07-27
- 2022BioAsiaTaiwan-Golden Biotech Seminar Registration_Innovative Breakthrough_COVID-19 to Oncology GOLDEN BIOTECHNOLOGY CORP. / 2022-07-27
- Amaran Biotech Introduces the First Fully-Automated Robotic Aseptic Filling Line in Taiwan AMARAN BIOTECHNOLOGY, INC. / 2022-07-25
- "Montefarmaco’s portfolio covers the main segments of the self-medication market" MONTEFARMACO OTC SPA / 2022-07-22
- TMU BioMed Accelerator | 2022 Batch Demo Day (Register Now) TAIPEI MEDICAL UNIVERSITY / 2022-07-22
- BUCHI wins Swiss Export Award 2022 BUCHI TAIWAN CO., LTD. / 2022-07-21